Saturday, April 7, 2012

Aftermath of the PEEPing

A short post for Easter!

My students really loved the Peeps activity.  My two stickiest students were in 5th and 6th grade.  (neither of them is pictured...). One of my students with high functioning Autism found eating the chick shaped Peeps to be too mean, and said that she would have been willing to eat bunnies instead.  I was pleasantly surprised at how well some of my lower students did during the describing and predicting stages of the activity. 

Many of my second and fifth students made connections to the science units that their classrooms were doing and made good use of science vocabulary: hypothesis, experiment, control, variables.  It was a great time.  I have a feeling next year we will be remembering this year and making predictions about if the bunnies react differently than the chicks did!




I have never been so pleased to have a sink in my room this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment