Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Therapy Cards Activity

I can't take the credit for the original idea to laminate the library pocket cards and put magnets on the back - that comes from Speechroomnews but, I did modify it to suit the needs of my own speech room.  I did envision putting all the pockets on my board and having all of my kids screaming "bazinga" (I'm far too big of a Big Bang Theory fan not too...).  Unfortunately, I live in a state of organized chaos and have far too much stuff living under the white board for it to be a practical activity.


I use pockets and put them on a small whiteboard on my table.  I put therapy cards in the pockets and the students select the cards from the pockets instead of just picking the top card from the deck.  This is a great activity to use when using therapy decks with "gotcha" cards.  Kids feel they have more control over their pick for getting an extra turn or putting some or all of their cards back.  I've been using this for a few weeks and my students are really excited when they see this on my table. 


Pocket Assembly:
I purchased the library pockets and magnets at Joann Fabrics (don't forget your 40% off coupons!, print them from the weekly email or download the app on your phone).  Laminate the pockets and open back up with the edge of a scissors.  Put magnet strips on the back and you're ready to go!

A quick peek into my speech room space (the below the board area is blocked by the table) but you can get the idea of my organizational skills and a semi-desperate attempt to collect homework!


What do you do to keep your card deck activities fresh?

No comments:

Post a Comment