Friday, January 18, 2013

AAC Bliss

When I was in the car with my dad today, he shared a RadioLab podcast with me that indirectly talks about the history of AAC.  It's called Bliss and is currently free on iTunes.  

It's about Charles Bliss and a Symbol language he invented.  It was largely ignored until a nurse in Canada started using it with her patients who had cerebral palsy and couldn't speak.  Bliss didn't like how they were changing his language and his lawsuits are why only a few use the symbols today.

The part about the symbol language is on the first half of the postcast and is worth a listen.

I've got three new sports theme sets up in my TPT store.  Check them out and I'll have a nice long post with pictures soon!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this freebie! I featured it on my group's blog today! I'll be using it with my students from now on couple spa pune

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. remedial massage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great post, Thank you for sharing This knowledge.Excellently written article, if only all bloggers offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place. Please keep it up! Touche Spa Pune

    ReplyDelete