Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Frog Game Find!

I was browsing the Target game sales over the holidays and found a great new game to use in therapy!  The best part is that it was only $5.  It's also available on Amazon, but it's a little more expensive there, so I'd check the Target store first (and its not up on Target.com). 






The basic premise that you jump the frogs and try to get them to land on the lily pads.  The blue part at the bottom is work 10 points and the point totals increase to 50 in the flower at the top.  It has been so much fun to use!  My kids love jumping the frogs, and absolutely anything to do with getting points.  It's such a simple game, and I can work in an element of suspense by making my students wait for all the frogs to jump to count their points.  There are four colors of frogs so up to four can play!

As a note of warning you may get a frog in your hair and several on the floor, but it seems to add to the fun.  

My little bonus is working on other needs areas in therapy:
Fine motor: pushing down to jump frogs and trying to aim them.
Basic math: this really is only motivating for some of my kids when trying to find out how many points they have.

One great thing about this game is the challenge to jumping the frogs means that kids want to play it more than 1-2 times before they want to find out whats next.  I have lots of games and stuff to do for students but my few who want constant NEW games make things challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment